Thursday, March 15, 2012

Becoming Jordyn


Album art courtesy of Amazon.com

Last night I sat down to write and realized I had hit my first bit of writer's block. As it turns out, I really just didn't want to take the story where I felt like it needed to go. Alas, I went there as I usually do with most things in life. I decided that I need to get more into Jordyn to really get the story out. I am so thankful for my overactive, negative imagination right now. So, in the car on the way to Dallas, I was listening to an old CD that I ran across in the console. Why it was there, I have no clue but there it was. I popped the CD in and started skipping through songs because they just weren't getting the mood that I was looking for. I hit tracks 7, 8 and 9 and got what I was after. So funny that I can tell you track numbers now but most likely have no idea what the song is actually titled. I had to come look them up. Yes, I think they will be good for getting into character. I still have a lot of work to do on the story. Almost all of it is out of my head and then I can work on the details and the edit. I am so excited! After I meet with the publisher, I am sure that I will have deadlines, etc. I will post an update and let everyone know how it went and all that good stuff.

No comments:

Post a Comment