It seems like we spend a lot of time talking and thinking about the things we like the least. I wanted to take a minute to think and talk about some of my favorite things. Attitude is all about what you allow yourself to think about. Right?
#1 Little Mister's 3rd Birthday
So far this was the best party I have thrown for him. I mean, every year is pretty good but this one was one I will have a hard time topping. The cake above is almost identical to the one we had.
The gymnasium Starbus made a visit to our party at Love Street Park. The kids were super excited to play on the bus that has been set up specifically for gymnastics. Little Mister was acquainted with the bus through the awesome pre school he was attending at the time.
The Starbus was followed by the coolest ice cream truck you've ever seen compliments of Juliebean's Ice Cream. Yes, we successfully monopolized almost the whole park for the couple of hours that both buses were there.
There were a bunch of people there. It was our best turn out to date. My Mom and Dad were there. It was the first time in over 15 years they were in the same place at the same time. My sister was there with my nephew. It was just, hands down, one of the best birthday memories ever.
I usually take the easier way out and have the party at a place that does the party for you. You know, like Chuck E. Cheese or something. Gag. I felt inspired to put the entire party together myself and I did. The balloons were perfect. The cake was perfect. The decorations were perfect. The April weather was perfect. All the kiddos there were perfect. The gifts he opened with enthusiasm were perfect. It was awesome.
So, this piece is the beginning of a series of posts for me. I'm going to tell you about some more of my favorite things and memories over the next several days. I hope this inspires you all to think about the good and let go of the bad. Replace negative thoughts with happy ones. Keep dreaming!! Stay tuned....
Friday, June 22, 2012
Monday, June 4, 2012
This awesome award bestowed on my by Food Thoughts of a Chef Wannabe really appeals to my vanity. You know, I started this blog and everything that, as it turns out, go with it just because I really had nothing better to do. Who knew I would enjoy it so immensely? Who knew I would make such great friends? So thank you Food Thoughts of a Chef Wannabe for bestowing the award on me.
Well, on to the award. It is an honor for a fellow blogger to recognize and appreciate the efforts put forth in this venue. You know, it is somewhat like having your diary published and when someone tells you that it IS worth reading it feels pretty darn good.
Now, these awards are NOT given for free. That's for sure. There is a short list of things that one must do to be in compliance and not have the award revoked.
1. Thank and link back to the awarding blog.
2. Answer Seven Questions
3. Provide Ten Random Facts about Yourself
4. Award seven other deserving bloggers
#1 What is your favorite song?
Just one? It is impossible for me to pick just one song. I love music. I love
every genre. Every artist has something special to offer. Okay. The one that has been very relevant right now is this GoTye Somebody That I Used To Know. Such a sad, sad song.
#2 What's your favorite dessert?
Really? Just one? Okay. I'm a bread/pastry sucker. Give me a piece of cake, any cake, and I'm happier than a pig in you know what. Do donuts count as dessert? I guess not since they're served for breakfast.
#3 What do you do when you are upset?
Huh. This is a difficult one. It all depends on the situation, the circumstances and the people involved. The short answer? I yell. I am a yeller. For some reason, I think higher volume gets the point across better. So, when I am upset, I tend to curse (a lot) and yell. If I am REALLY, REALLY upset, I shut down. There is no conversation to be had. I got nothin if I am beyond pissed.
#4 What is your favorite pet?
I love pets. There isn't a loyalty or unconditional love that compares to the love between a pet and person. I think that I have acted responsibly on this topic. I have chosen to not have a pet because I don't think I can offer a proper home for one. I know that I stay busy enough that neglect might even be an issue. Once I buy Little Mister a house and things get more settled, I would love for us to have an addition to the family. I'm crossing my fingers that he wants a pup.
#5 Which do you prefer, white or wheat?
It matters not. See question #2. I love bread. My hips don't thank me but that is a fact.
#6 What is your biggest fear?
Gosh. I have so many. Yeah, I know. I'm all bad ass and everything. I'm not supposed to be scared of anything. Well, I am. I guess topping that list is death. No, I'm not scared of the process or leaving earth. I am scared that I will leave my precious son without his Mom.
#7 What is your attitude mostly?
Hmmm...is this a trick question? My attitude changes by the seconds in an hour and hours in a day. Sometimes I think I should be medicated but mostly I just embrace it. I feel deeply and have emotions. That's me. Most days I am positive and find the silver lining in any situation.
10 Random Facts About Me
1. I have never had a cavity
2. I just discovered that I LOVE birthday cake ice cream with marshmallow creme
3. I like to pop zits
4. I have tweezed my eyebrows since I was about 12 and have waxed them for 12 years. If I didn't, I would have a unibrow.
5. Braveheart is one of my most favorite movies.
6. I learned how to kiss by kissing myself...in the mirror.
7. I gave my son a middle name to rhyme with mine and my mother's.
8. I have loved a lot but only been in love once.
9. My second toe is really long.
10. I have freckles.
The rules say I have to pass this award on to seven other bloggers so here it goes! I have nominated friends for awards but I am going to use this opportunity to spot light some people that I don't know well but want to get better acquainted with.
1. Diary of a Mad Woman - Now I just discovered this one. She is very real and has been through some real shit. What I have read so far I have really enjoyed. Let's learn more about her together!
2. Mayor Gia - I discovered Gia when I first started. She's wicked funny and draws some great illustrations to go with her blogging.
3. I Want A Dumpster Baby - This lady has had some serious struggles in her life, too. I love that she is so open with her experiences and has maintained a superb sense of humor. She cracks me up and you will love her.
4. Mommy Unplugged - She is real. Period. And hilarious!
5. The Lucky Mom - We've chatted a few times. She is a sharer or wisdom, philosophy and jokes.
6. Put on Your Big Girl Panties - This lady has been very kind to me on several occasions. No matter how busy she is, she always takes the time to return a hello. Plus, she's a riot. Oh and she loves vintage pin ups!
7. My Group Therapy - I think the name gives you a good starting point. Material definitely worth reading.
Thank you again FoodThoughtsOfaChefWannabe for the award! It was a fun assignment.
And that's it for me, gang. You know the drill. Stay tuned....