Friday, June 22, 2012

Some of my Favorite Things Part 1

It seems like we spend a lot of time talking and thinking about the things we like the least. I wanted to take a minute to think and talk about some of my favorite things. Attitude is all about what you allow yourself to think about. Right?



#1 Little Mister's 3rd Birthday

So far this was the best party I have thrown for him. I mean, every year is pretty good but this one was one I will have a hard time topping. The cake above is almost identical to the one we had.




The gymnasium Starbus made a visit to our party at Love Street Park. The kids were super excited to play on the bus that has been set up specifically for gymnastics. Little Mister was acquainted with the bus through the awesome pre school he was attending at the time.

The Starbus was followed by the coolest ice cream truck you've ever seen compliments of Juliebean's Ice Cream. Yes, we successfully monopolized almost the whole park for the couple of hours that both buses were there.


There were a bunch of people there. It was our best turn out to date. My Mom and Dad were there. It was the first time in over 15 years they were in the same place at the same time. My sister was there with my nephew. It was just, hands down, one of the best birthday memories ever.

I usually take the easier way out and have the party at a place that does the party for you. You know, like Chuck E. Cheese or something. Gag. I felt inspired to put the entire party together myself and I did. The balloons were perfect. The cake was perfect. The decorations were perfect. The April weather was perfect. All the kiddos there were perfect. The gifts he opened with enthusiasm were perfect. It was awesome.

So, this piece is the beginning of a series of posts for me. I'm going to tell you about some more of my favorite things and memories over the next several days. I hope this inspires you all to think about the good and let go of the bad. Replace negative thoughts with happy ones. Keep dreaming!! Stay tuned....

2 comments:

  1. Great idea! Thanks for reminding me to focus on the positive. Following you from the TGIF blog hop!
    -Laura
    www.strollerparkingonly.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've tried to put together partied for my nieces, and they were nowhere near as amazing as the one you had for your son.

    ReplyDelete