This awesome award bestowed on my by Food Thoughts of a Chef Wannabe really appeals to my vanity. You know, I started this blog and everything that, as it turns out, go with it just because I really had nothing better to do. Who knew I would enjoy it so immensely? Who knew I would make such great friends? So thank you Food Thoughts of a Chef Wannabe for bestowing the award on me.
Well, on to the award. It is an honor for a fellow blogger to recognize and appreciate the efforts put forth in this venue. You know, it is somewhat like having your diary published and when someone tells you that it IS worth reading it feels pretty darn good.
Now, these awards are NOT given for free. That's for sure. There is a short list of things that one must do to be in compliance and not have the award revoked.
1. Thank and link back to the awarding blog.
2. Answer Seven Questions
3. Provide Ten Random Facts about Yourself
4. Award seven other deserving bloggers
#1 What is your favorite song?
Just one? It is impossible for me to pick just one song. I love music. I love
every genre. Every artist has something special to offer. Okay. The one that has been very relevant right now is this GoTye Somebody That I Used To Know. Such a sad, sad song.
#2 What's your favorite dessert?
Really? Just one? Okay. I'm a bread/pastry sucker. Give me a piece of cake, any cake, and I'm happier than a pig in you know what. Do donuts count as dessert? I guess not since they're served for breakfast.
#3 What do you do when you are upset?
Huh. This is a difficult one. It all depends on the situation, the circumstances and the people involved. The short answer? I yell. I am a yeller. For some reason, I think higher volume gets the point across better. So, when I am upset, I tend to curse (a lot) and yell. If I am REALLY, REALLY upset, I shut down. There is no conversation to be had. I got nothin if I am beyond pissed.
#4 What is your favorite pet?
I love pets. There isn't a loyalty or unconditional love that compares to the love between a pet and person. I think that I have acted responsibly on this topic. I have chosen to not have a pet because I don't think I can offer a proper home for one. I know that I stay busy enough that neglect might even be an issue. Once I buy Little Mister a house and things get more settled, I would love for us to have an addition to the family. I'm crossing my fingers that he wants a pup.
#5 Which do you prefer, white or wheat?
It matters not. See question #2. I love bread. My hips don't thank me but that is a fact.
#6 What is your biggest fear?
Gosh. I have so many. Yeah, I know. I'm all bad ass and everything. I'm not supposed to be scared of anything. Well, I am. I guess topping that list is death. No, I'm not scared of the process or leaving earth. I am scared that I will leave my precious son without his Mom.
#7 What is your attitude mostly?
Hmmm...is this a trick question? My attitude changes by the seconds in an hour and hours in a day. Sometimes I think I should be medicated but mostly I just embrace it. I feel deeply and have emotions. That's me. Most days I am positive and find the silver lining in any situation.
10 Random Facts About Me
1. I have never had a cavity
2. I just discovered that I LOVE birthday cake ice cream with marshmallow creme
3. I like to pop zits
4. I have tweezed my eyebrows since I was about 12 and have waxed them for 12 years. If I didn't, I would have a unibrow.
5. Braveheart is one of my most favorite movies.
6. I learned how to kiss by kissing myself...in the mirror.
7. I gave my son a middle name to rhyme with mine and my mother's.
8. I have loved a lot but only been in love once.
9. My second toe is really long.
10. I have freckles.
The rules say I have to pass this award on to seven other bloggers so here it goes! I have nominated friends for awards but I am going to use this opportunity to spot light some people that I don't know well but want to get better acquainted with.
1. Diary of a Mad Woman - Now I just discovered this one. She is very real and has been through some real shit. What I have read so far I have really enjoyed. Let's learn more about her together!
2. Mayor Gia - I discovered Gia when I first started. She's wicked funny and draws some great illustrations to go with her blogging.
3. I Want A Dumpster Baby - This lady has had some serious struggles in her life, too. I love that she is so open with her experiences and has maintained a superb sense of humor. She cracks me up and you will love her.
4. Mommy Unplugged - She is real. Period. And hilarious!
5. The Lucky Mom - We've chatted a few times. She is a sharer or wisdom, philosophy and jokes.
6. Put on Your Big Girl Panties - This lady has been very kind to me on several occasions. No matter how busy she is, she always takes the time to return a hello. Plus, she's a riot. Oh and she loves vintage pin ups!
7. My Group Therapy - I think the name gives you a good starting point. Material definitely worth reading.
Thank you again FoodThoughtsOfaChefWannabe for the award! It was a fun assignment.
And that's it for me, gang. You know the drill. Stay tuned....