Saturday, October 6, 2012

Have you wondered?

I have felt so neglectful. I haven't written here. I haven't been very active with my Facebook fan page. I haven't been an 'A' student lately. What have I been doing? Well, I started a new job that is really fantastic! I dropped my pay by about  50% of what I am used to, moved in with my Mom and moved back across the metroplex. Sounds kinda....like a bad idea, doesn't it? Well, it has been one of the best things I have done in my life to date. This job I took is absolutely amazing. The people there are awesome and they think I am, too. Pretty cool. Since I moved in with Mom, bills have pretty well ceased and I can afford to make less money and send Little Mister to a stellar Pre-K for my last chance of preparing him for the real world and career of school.

As life has changed, there have been a lot of things to get accustomed to. I never thought I would have an hour to and an hour from commute again but there it is. I am so lucky to have the sister and nephew that I have. Pretty ironic that as they moved out of Mom's, we moved in. So, they are living really near my work place and we spend a couple of nights a week there to break up the monotony of the drive and schedule. So, all in all, it is all working out splendidly.

It has taken a few months to get used to not having our own life, so to speak, but this really does feel surprisingly better now that I'm used to it. I've set new goals and am preparing for the future. I often wonder how many times one person can start over and I guess that is what is fantastic about life. As long as you are breathing and thinking, you have the opportunity to reinvent yourself as many times as you would like! Some people have judged me as being flighty or spastic or irresponsible. I thumb my nose at them and pat myself on the back for never being afraid to try to do anything. If the worst thing that can happen is that I fail and have to try something else, so be it. I know, without a doubt, that I will never look back and regret that I didn't try something. I will never look back and wish that I had. I will never look back and wonder what if. I give everything my best and if my best isn't good enough there, it will be better applied some where else. I feel that this holds true for every aspect of life. Some people do flourish with consistency and consistent effort and doing the same thing every day. It does work for some. I'm just not one of those people. I've never really had a plan other than to live and enjoy life hoping that I stumble on some mild success along the way. So, I know what all I have accomplished thus far in life and I know that I will have more successes as life continues on.

I am pretty certain that I will never win the lottery, you know, wake up rich but I have enough things planted out there that I just might have a tremendous harvest one day. Even if I never have a pocket full of money, I know that my heart is happy and that is priceless.

My words to you today are to be true to yourself. Never be afraid to shake things up. It is true that even the best laid plans might not work out but never give up. Dig your heels back in and you will cross a finish line. It may never be the one you imagined but sometimes what you find is better than anything you ever could have planned for. Don't be afraid to reinvent yourself. I know I've told you all that before. It takes courage and strength to do it but we all have it inside, we just have to let it out. Stay tuned....

No comments:

Post a Comment